Monday, October 02, 2006

What's Orange and Black with frosting all over it?

It's been a busy week...Bella turned 3 last Monday! We had a small get together for her on Sunday at my parents pool/clubhouse. She loved the water and spent the entire time in the pool. After everyone left we went back to my parents house so she could open her gifts, a practice I am now in complete favor of. When you go to a kids birthday party where they are opening the gifts in front of everyone there are a couple of things you are so worried about you just can't enjoy yourself 1)if my child who is opening the gift will openly say she doesn't like the gift 2) if the birthday girl or boy will toss aside carelessly each gift so they can hurry up and open the one their favorite Aunt has wrapped spectacularly for them (completely hypothetical) 3) if the parents of each guest will be screaming to the top of their lungs for their kid to stop trying to open the gifts for the birthday girl or boy 4) if the parents of each guest will not pay attention to their kid opening my kids birthday presents. So from now on, my kids will open their presents after the party when everyone has left!This is a picture of Bella and her mermaid BlaBla doll and piece of art Jamie had made for her ( the mermaid looks just like Bella). OK- other news. It is October and Jamie and had our swap yesterday, this month was an Orange and Black theme. Jamie bought me this amazing glitter party hat to add to my holloween decorations (most decorated season in my house- and my most favorite holiday). Of course, both of my kids wanted to take turns wearing it last night so after they went to bed I placed it high upon my mantel as a halloween shrine for all to see. I love all things glitter! Wendy Addison is a hero to me. Usually only Christmas decorations get all of the glitter so I was overwhelmed with joy when I got this. It is really weird how Jamie knows the perfect thing every time! She also got me a pumpkin decorating kit that has wooden eyes and other faces that you just pop right into the pumpkin to have a Martha Stewart looking pumpkin with no mess- kind of like a Mr. Potato head set for pumpkins! I got Jamie a basket full of little orange and black things, a magazine, orange flavored hot chocolate, mints, soap, tissues, stickers, an hand towel with Walkers embroidered on it, another shadow box with a picture of my kids trick or treating at her house last year and my favorite...candy corn flavored soda. This probably won't taste very good but when I saw it I just had to get it for her. Well I am already thinking about next month...the colors are yellow and brown! I have one thing in mind but not sure yet... Wednesday is Jamie's b-day- the big 30! I am excited about my gift to her, I will show you some pics after she opens it...don't want to ruin the surprise.

No comments: