Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Swap Meet Louie

I finally feel like my life has some sense of order again...Preston is back at school and I am back at work. Bella stays with a really nice lady while I am working who has a daughter her age so she never minds going there because she thinks it is a play date! The kids have had to adjust to the new routine, namely no TV during the week. It seems like our summer routine was play,play,play then watch movies to calm down. Now it is school, dinner, homework, bath, read, bed. They might think it is awful but I LOVE it!!!(they will thank me when they are my age-hopefully sooner-and have their own kids). This week I finished up my tags for the Gift Tag Swap I am in. I haven't ever heard of anything like this in Jacksonville but around the rest of the country it is becoming very popular. Not just gift tags, but swaps of all kinds. In this particular swap, I make 10 gift tags (must be handmade) and send them to the coordinator. There are people all over the world sending her 10 tags. Once she gets them all, she divides them up and sends them back out so each person will get 10 different gift tags. Here are mine- I decided to do them all the same but I could have done them all different. On the front there is a pull out TO card and you can write your message on the back of the pull out. On the back of the tag it does say FROM, even though you can only see FRO (cute POPIN sticker is covering it up). So in about 2 weeks I should get my tags...like Christmas for grown ups. Jamie and I are thinking about starting some swaps here in Jax, send us an email or post a comment to this blog and let us know if you are interested. It really doesn't take much money at all- I spent $1.99 on the 10 blank tags and the rest of the stuff I had from my scrapbook scraps. It really is just a good creative outlet and you will be the hit of the party with a great gift tag to make your present stand out. Jamie was just in a swap last month where you swapped doll house furniture. You made 10 of the same doll house accessory and shipped them to a girl in Virginia and in return she will get 10 pieces of different doll house stuff, enough to start her first doll house. I saw another swap the other day I really want to join that is a color swap. You fill a certain size box with things of a certain color. In return you will receive a box filled with goodies of all one color- just not the same color you sent in. Jamie would be great at this one because she can coordinate the heck out of presents. Anyway, let me know if you are interested and we can make Jax a hip place to swap too!

No comments: