Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happy New Year (a little late)

We hope everyone had a great New Year's celebration! We sure did~Most of the time we get my parents to babysat on New Years so we can go out with friends or to dinner but this year they had their own party so we decided to have our own party we could bring the kids to. Jamie was nice enough to have it at her house-that got the kids more excited about it...everyday asking me if it was time to go to the big party at Mimi's house (what they call Jamie because when they were little they couldn't say Jamie)??
So a few days before the party Jamie and I made some great party hats for everyone- each different to reflect personality. My hat said "Is it time yet" because I get teased for not making it to midnight for the past 4 or 5 New Year's. Mike's hat said "Father time" and was appropriately orange and blue (GO GATORS). Preston's said "party time" because he is our resident party animal! Bella's said "2007 princess" because we are hoping 2007 will be the year she wants to play dress up instead of legos and kinghts. Jamie's said "we're going to party like it's $19.99" because she is the undisputed bargain shopper of all time!!! Brian's said "2007- Our Year??" referring of course to Florida State (hahahaha)...
We went over around 6pm and I was a little worried because neither of the kids took a nap- I dozed off a few times because it was a Sunday and that's just what I do on Sunday, usually during football games. Jamie's only rule was we had to be in our PJ's. They kids especially loved this part! For food Brian had set up bowls with different veggies and raw meat in them. We went around and made our own kabobs on skewers and he grilled them. Honestly it was the best food I had ever had- they had marinated the steak and chicken all day so it was so tender. We had the Welches grape "champagne" that I must admit is still a favorite of mine- and the kids loved drinking out of champagne glasses.
From 9pm to 11:30pm we played poker- the kids threw in out chips when we bet, cheering us on. Mike was the big winner. We all got ready for the ball to drop and Bella started to doze off, we had to keep making her run laps around Jamie's house to get her to wake up- we have learned that no child can resist the urge to get up and be chased by an adult around a house, the giggles will not be denied! We left it up to Mike to set up the camera to get a picture of all of us when the ball dropped, I'd say he did pretty good, in this picture of all of us- the ball just reached the bottom and the 2007 lit up as the camera timer went off (by the way, was anyone else very disappointed with the Rockin' Eve celebration). After all of the New Year's kisses were given out, both kids asked if they could go to bed (gasp!!!) and they were out in about 30 seconds.
We had a great time and didn't have a hangover in the morning! I have made some of my New Year's resolutions, I am one of those that makes a list for everything so New Year's makes my mouth drool at the listing possibilities. To Blog more often is one of mine, which you can see was not in the top 5 because I am blogging about New Years and it is January 13th but it did make the list and I will try my best. On a separate note, I have some of my albums listed on ebay this week so please check them out!

No comments: