Thursday, January 18, 2007

Say a little Prayer

As many of you know Brian and I have been trying to have a baby for a few years now with no success. We have been going to the FIRM clinic for a little over a year and have officially been diagnosed with "unexplained infertility". This has been very difficult for us since we (and the doctors) have tried everything to find what to fix and alas there is nothing, we just can't get pregnant. We have the awesome opportunity now to try IVF which has a 70% chance of success (from what we have been told) and yesterday at our appointment we got our official IVF start date of February 1st! For those of you that don't know what is involved with IVF, let's just say I will soon have to get over my gigantic fear of needles! Through POPIN I have met a lot of great customers/friends that have undergone these sort of things with great success, I am so thankful that I have you guys to help me get through this (who would've thought having a baby boutique and being infertile would turn out to be a benefit?!) So, in advance I apologize if you come in the store and I'm a little grumpy or outta sorts, they tell me that this can happen on all the drugs I'm about to start. Also, please pray for Wendy - for you might just come in to shop, but she has to be around me all the time ;) ~J

6 comments:

Jennifer with The Platinum Pen said...

Oh, Jamie...you are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the update. I think of you often and your situation. I have been hoping to see a pregnancy success on here. But this gets us one step closer. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'm right here with you Jamie! Can't wait to be a part of your success- we're all pulling for you! This is so exciting! -Heather

deb said...

I've just recently discovered your blog and adore it and your shop full of such goodies! :)

Just wanted you to know I'm saying a little prayer for you.. eventhough I don't know you I feel a little connection because I'm also in the beginning stages of IVF after years of infertility. I don't post or talk about it much but maybe I should seeing as you're getting so much support. We're meeting with the clinic next week. I'm thinking all good thoughts for you and can't wait to check in again and hear of your success! :)

HUGS!

Jeanie said...

I am hereby volunteering to come in and give you a shot any Monday, Wednesday of Friday you may need one ;) Yes- unfortunately I am a pro ;~) But the end result will be so worth it!!
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Over 4 years of unexplained infertility here...BUT, I have a 16 - almost 17 y/o - dd as proof that high-tech. works. I know how hard this is on you personally, on your relationship, etc., but know in your heart this will work for you and keep envisioning getting that phone call from the dr.'s office that finally says "you're pregnant". Make sure they've done all the basic tests/procedures for you and your dh! My heart goes out to you, and will say some prayers. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Jamie - I have been so out of the loop and haven't seen you and Wendy in a couple of months. I apologize. You are both in my thoughts and my prayers and I hope that this process will end up being a success for you. I can't imagine that posting this was easy, but thank you for sharing what's happening right now. - Kavita