Sunday, July 02, 2006

Adult Friendly kitchen

Thought I would look around my house to see what part POPIN has played in my decorating rooms other than my kids rooms...lo and behold, the most used room in my house was decorated by my kids through POPIN. Here is a picture of my breakfast/lunch/dinner (when my dining room table is too messy for me to clear off) area. Preston and Bella had to have these placemats, that's Bella's boosty yea and splat mat below. The light fixture is a Maura Daniels from POPIN and the arch way was painted by Judy Campbell, our muralist. Yes, I only have 2 kids and there are 4 placemats...Mike and I love them- makes for quick clean up and we talk about the pictures with the kids over meals. I needed some color in this area anyway, maybe Preston and Bella have the decorating gene Jamie has. The bench cushions were my very first sewing project ever (thanks Mom for teaching my to sew, I definitely have the sewing bug now). Of couse if you lift those benches that Mike made under the cushions you would find a mess of kitchen aid appliances, old "adult" placemats, and crockpots we got 9 years ago for Wedding presents that have yet to be crocked in...so we'll just keep those lids closed! Not sure if you can see in the picture but the apples are fake but still have teeth prints in every one- it took Bella every single apple to realize they were fakes.
Today we are cleaning and shopping for my 4th of July cook out- I'm sure I'll see some of you fighting over the last pack of hotdogs at Publix today- may the force be with you!

No comments: