Monday, July 24, 2006

The Monster Mash

What a crazy week this has been. Mike and I (mostly Mike) have been staying up until the wee hours in the morning every night working on getting the website ready for you to purchase items on it and we are running out of steam. Yesterday we didn't even leave the house all day- I was going crazy watching Mike work on the computer so the kids and I did a few art projects and had a lot of fun. First we started out painting portraits of each other which was a hoot! Here are mine, I know, I know- I am no artist-but my kids think I am and I kind of eat that up! Isn't it so weird that they couldn't be more different, Preston with his huge eyes, dark hair and dark skin and Bella with her blue eyes and blonde hair and pale skin- they definitely got the best of both of us with all of the attitude.
Then I decided to make these fun bags for the kids who were my "monsters" yesterday. Preston's I made as a messenger style and Bella's I made as a smaller purse. They are out of colored denim and the monster face is a really soft fluffy fabric. They have been playing with them all day. My intention was a library bag to carry their books to the library but Preston really wants to use his as a trick or treat bag at Halloween- which I thought was a really good idea.
Jamie will be back to blogging soon- her camera had a melt down so she has to get it fixed and then will show you some cute things she has been working on! See you soon, we hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I really like your store. Do you have anything under $3.00! HA!HA! I work for your Dad and he was just sharing this with me. I just wanted to let you know it's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Wendy~ You two are such the duo. Thank the LORD Jacksonville has you two to give us some style!!
Looking forward to lots of fun projects together as our "under construction" home makes more and more progress.
Wendy- love the monster bags!! Have to nab that idea-my kids would go nuts :)